Should you live somewhere in Minnesota when snow storms hit and your driveway and walkways are covered with the cold white stuff, you might want to just stay inside. But if your work and personal commitments make that impossible, you’ll need to first dig out the snow shovel – or make sure it’s handy before the snow flies!
For many people across Minnesota, snow shoveling will be both a reality and a necessity this winter. At Infinity Insurance Agency, we want to ensure your efforts will get you on your way while also keeping you safe, so here are some snow-shoveling tips offered by the Boston Herald.
- Warm-up! Never jump right into an activity. Start by cleaning off your car.
- Place your hands a good distance apart on the shovel – it helps with leverage.
- Never bend at your waist.
- Push the snow when you can.
- Scoop smaller loads of snow.
- Use your legs, core and arms to help scoop and throw snow.
- Always step in the direction you throw snow to avoid excessive twisting on your lower back.
If snow shoveling is on your winter task list, we at Infinity Insurance Agency wish you both a clear sidewalk and a healthy body.