One of the most frightening places to be during a hailstorm is on the road in your car. Obviously your vehicle is at great risk of damage, but even more importantly, you are in danger in the event you can’t see well enough to drive or your windows are broken in by the power of the storm.
At Infinity Insurance Agency, we want to ensure you, your loved ones, and your vehicle stay safe this hail season. Here are some pointers for navigating a hailstorm while on the roads in Minnesota.
- Make sure you have a blanket in your car at all times. It can help protect you from glass injuries in the event the hail breaks your windows or windshield.
- Turn on your low-beam headlights, and slow down.
- Make sure you have more distance than usual in front of you so you have ample space to brake if necessary.
- Turn on the local weather radio station to stay apprised of the status of storms.
- If there is enough space on the shoulder of the road, pull over.
- Turn on your hazard lights, regardless of whether you are pulled over or moving slowly; this will help other vehicles to see you and avoid accidents.
- If there is a covered shelter to pull underneath, do so; this will reduce the damage sustained by your vehicle.
At Infinity Insurance Agency, we hope you stay hailstorm-free this season!
At Infinity Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you’ve got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (763) 497-0722 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what’s important to you is protected!